|FOX40WDBD.COM||Look for the ridiculous in everything!|
|Student Loans | | Phone Services | High Speed Internet Service | World Cruises | | Save Money|
Michael Kors Cynthia Small
"They were great and I was given the all clear 18 months ago."
After breaking in, Paul was Mk Bags Backpack
Gas leak hero gives away reward
It picked up worryingly high gas readings, and when he checked the back of the house the readings were higher still.
Paul trained as a gas engineer while he was undergoing cancer treatment and was taken on by United Utilities in 2006.
"When I was first diagnosed, I told myself one simple thing: 'I'm going to beat this bastard," he said.
Paul was sent out to investigate but could not get an answer at the property. But after noticing an overwhelming smell of gas coming he followed his training and put a meter through the letter box.
When Paul was named employee of the month and given 340 to donate to charity, he was pleased to be able to help the doctors who had helped him.
"At that point I made the decision that I had to force entry into the property," he said.
Paul's bosses said he followed his training and did not take any unnecessary risks with his or anyone else's life. He contacted the police, broke in, cut off the gas and pulled the man to safety.
"It's a prime example of the vital work we do, and the life or death decisions we sometimes have to make. He's a credit to us," he said.
"It's a very dangerous situation when you've got that level of gas with a source of ignition there's a very real danger of explosion," said Paul.
The engineer said the gases had built up to such a level that a large explosion could have happened at any moment until work was done to ventilate the property.
Angie Taylor, Charlie Bear for Cancer Care co ordinator, said: "We're thrilled to be the chosen charity. Its 30/60 appeal aims to raise 90,000 to purchase radiotherapy equipment for the new Northern Centre for Cancer Care at the Freeman Hospital."
This website and its associated newspaper adheres to the Press Complaints Commission's Code of Practice. If you have a complaint about editorial content which relates to inaccuracy or intrusion, then contact the Editor by clicking here.
Bosses United Utilities said the person who first noticed the gas smell by had done the right thing by contacting them.
40 year old, who has one son, Luke, 14, and is due to marry fiancee Susan on Thursday in the Lake District, was diagnosed with testicular cancer in 2000. But the brave dad said he was determined to fight the disease.
"I was concerned because it was a semi detached Michael Kors Hamilton Medium Top Zip
Paul's manager, United Utilities emergency officer Nigel Chambers, said the employee had used his training and done everything right.
Paul works as an emergency engineer for United Utilities, the firm which runs the North East's free gas emergency service on behalf of Northern Gas Networks.
shocked to discover an elderly man lying unconscious on the living room floor in front of the lit gas fire.
"This man probably owes his life to Paul. He used his head, as our engineers are trained to do.
He was called out to Pennywell, Sunderland, when a passer by reported a smell of gas coming from a house in the area.
The gas leak was traced to a source inside the house rather than the mains network, and the unconscious man was taken to Sunderland Royal Hospital by paramedics.
"The Charlie Bear 30/60 Appeal Michael Kors Cynthia Small is a charity close to my heart. My cancer was caught very early and dealt with by the doctors at the Northern Centre for Cancer Treatment.
property, so there was a risk to the people living next door as well."
Michael Kors Cynthia Small
Michael Kors Tote Size Comparison
|Gift Baskets | | Long Distance Rates | Credit Reporting | Wireless | | Online Stores|